Where can I buy the book?
Why did you write the book?
The book started at a quick 10 chapter book about getting good jobs and writing good CVs.
I aimed to have it released in January 2013. I released it in September 2013 initially on LeanPub and then again in February 2015 on Amazon.
I wrote the book during my lunch breaks at work. I’d shuffle off to the the 7th floor to an empty desk space and spend an hour writing. I’d often be surrounded by other escaped artists trying to grab some quiet time to get projects finished.
I wrote the book to help people understand how they must remain relevant, to provide advice on how to find good jobs and how to rock the application process.
Blurb from the book?
What’s actually in the book?
- How to get started – Why are you job hunting?
- Is there really a career in my industry? – Many people believe that jobs in their industry are simply stop-gap jobs, something to do until something better comes along. The reality is there are some great careers to be had in almost any industry.
- What Skills Do I Need? – Do you really need to upskill to get good jobs…….yes, yes you do.
- Learning – How to learn and why learning should be core to your self improvement strategy.
- Organising Your Learning – ideas for organising learning.
- Communicating Your Passions and Values – How to communicate to other people what value you offer.
- Creating Your CV – Lots of hints and tips on how to create a good CV.
- Creating An Online Presence – How to create a validated online social presence.
- Networking And Connecting – Why networking in person is so important to getting a good job.
- Finding Good Jobs – How to find good jobs.
- Understanding Job Adverts – How to make sense of boring, dull and misleading job adverts.
- Applying For Jobs – How to do an awesome job application.
- Speculative Applications – ideas on how to apply speculatively to companies meeting your criteria.
- Phone Interviews – Ideas on how to rock a phone interview.
- Interviewing – Ideas on how to rock a face-to-face interview.
- Accepting A Job – How to accept a job like a pro.
- Dealing With Rejection – Hey, it’s going to happen, but how you deal with it matters more
- Patience Is A Virtue – Slow down. Give it time. Patience is indeed a virtue when job hunting.
- Never Give Up – Don’t stop. Ever. Not until you get the job.