Building a successful test team is hard work.
I’ve outlined 8 lessons learned from building a team in an article titled “The Blazingly Simple Guide To Growing A Test Team”.
It has been published in the October edition of Testing Trapeze.
8 Lessons Learned From Building A Team
Testing Trapeze is a bi-monthly magazine edited by Katrina Clokie and put together with an amazing team.
The 8 lessons I learned from building and growing a test team are:
- Appreciate it will take time
- Understand the purpose of the testing team
- Appreciate that certifications don’t make someone a great tester
- Automation specialists don’t kill the need for testers
- Find people with a passion for testing
- The recruitment process is key to your success
- Interviewing is about selling yourself and solving your problem
- Quality is not just the responsibility of testing
You can read more in the October edition of Testing Trapeze.